LinkedIn Video finally released publicly for everyone! So let’s talk about this new content medium to create, share & engage with the LI community.
Here is my observation & tips on making video success:
1. Make sure your video has good audio & is clear visually.
2. Think of shareability in mind. If your video isn’t share or tag worthy (where people tag their friend) your post won’t hit virality.
3. Still write a full text post. Remember of your audience on LI. Not everyone can watch / hear at work. Context.
3. Change up content types / styles. Too many solo video talks w/ same background environment etc. Switch it up.
Types of content:
– Monologues / Stories / Rants
– How-Tos / Screenshare
– Interviews / AMA / Q&A
– Sales Pitches (pls don’t)
– Event / Conference
– ?? what are other good ones?
Still, text based post still net the most impressions, virality and reach. However, I’ve seen a few video pop & go viral as well – just not as many.
It’ll be interesting to see this new wave of video content creators.
Some people I’ve been seeing consistently:
String Nguyen – Geekin out on tech.
Goldie Chan, Community and Video – Creative Branding
Thomas Ma, Brand Amplifier – Growth Stories
Who are some other good video creator examples? Love to know.